Meeting Agenda Item: Introduction Ausmarton Fernandes

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Mon Dec 3 19:41:03 UTC 2012

On Sun, 25 Nov 2012 15:07:53 -0800 (PST)
Caesar Manigault <caesar_manigault at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Iam a Linux Administrator/Developer currently working in the Federal
> Government space. My Experience dealing with Redhat Linux Enterprise
> involved
> troubleshooting /etc/inittab, /etc/grub/grub.conf, /etc/X11/Xorg.conf
> file on various boot up errors. Administering users, groups, setting
> acls on certain directories,setting up kicks.sxp and customizing my
> own network-briddge-script start server, hardening files with chattr
> +i command from administrative users. Configured XEN on Redhat, SuSe,
> and Solaris x86 and x86_64 platforms  with Xen networking
> under /etc/xen/xend-config  to create virtual interfaces. Modifying
> SELinux, and Iptables for hardened security setting rules
> in /etc/sysconfig/iptables for Input, Output, Forward. Debugging
> issues under /var/log/ directory for application issues, hardware,
> bootup and services problems. Configuring tomcat and weblogic as
> application servers by compiling on 32bit and 64bit architectures.

Welcome. I'll send the same thing to you I sent to Ausmarton
just a bit ago:

Sorry for the delay in replying to you... many of us were traveling
last week and I managed to pick up the flu or something on my way
back. :(

If you haven't already, please take a look at:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/GettingStarted

Are you more interested in sysadmin work or application
development/maintaining?

Do introduce yourself on irc in #fedora-admin and/or at our next
meeting (this thursday in #fedora-meeting).

welcome!

> I will be happy to contribute to the Fedora Infrastructure space,
> butI work on third shift I wil be able to contribute 4 to 5 hrs a
> week. Iam also involved with another Open Source Project called
> KeyiCam which is a Open WebOS based Key Duplicating Kiosk. We are
> seeking individuals with Embedded Linux development with Qt
> experience. You can check out the article at the Link below which
> contains the Source Link to KeyiCam project site and participate into
> the project forums.
>
> KeyiCam Article :
> http://www.webosnation.com/keyicam-use-open-webos-automated-key-duplication-kiosks

Interesting.

Would a linux solution work as well for this? Or was there some reason
you chose WebOS?