paste to production?

Clint Savage herlo1 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 18:02:05 UTC 2012

On Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 10:53 AM, Keith Sudbury <keithsudbury at gmail.com> wrote:
> FYI, fed.io is taken.
>

> On Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 5:50 PM, Keith Sudbury <keithsudbury at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hey Guys,
>>
>> It makes no sense to have a .io domain for that?? fed.io = Fedora Input /
>> Output, my thought is a .io domain used for this would look unprofessional.
>>
>> I would go fpaste.org or paste.fedoraproject.org most projects just do
>> paste. the domain being long is an issue for the whole site not just the
>> paste app.
>>
>> It's a shame we don't have fedora.org
>>
>> Cheers,

Keith,

Sure, fed.io was just a concept.  Just to be clear, github and a few
other large projects use .io for shortening. I don't think pastes in
and of themselves are really a professional concern, but that's just
my opinion.

On the other hand, fpaste.org is a domain that it seems we cannot own,
or I would have gone with that right away to keep it the same as what
we have, plus there is interest in using paste.fedoraproject.org for
sure. I think this is just a nice convenient tool for linking in irc,
email and other good uses. I was looking at fpas.te and it's not
taken, so that could work. I'm not sure the restrictions on the .te
domain, but it could be worth looking into. Who do we ask to look into
this if we're interested?

Cheers,

Clint