Running Mailman on big FOSS projects - Mozilla

Aurélien Bompard gauret at free.fr
Wed Dec 19 10:51:44 UTC 2012

> Having said that, Mailman 3 has some very interesting possibilities,
> particularly with something like HyperKitty running on top. The
> mockups[2] for what it could end up like are pretty neat, but it
> isn't clear what pieces are missing in between. It would be really
> great if we can iron out a plan to get our two project's goals for a
> better discussion forum system a bit closer to reality.

I'm trying to bring the mockups to life. We have a test instance running
on [1] if you want to have a look at the current development. The
"devel at mm3test" list [2] should be a live mirror of our Fedora devel
mailing-list, barring some lockups I'm having with mailman3 itself, and
currently trying to debug.

[1] http://mm3test.fedoraproject.org/hyperkitty/
[2]
http://mm3test.fedoraproject.org/hyperkitty/list/devel@mm3test.fedoraproject.org/

The main missing feature is the possibility to post from the web
interface. First I'd like to make sure it's a solid and usable
replacement for the old mailman 2 archiver, and then I'll add the major
new features.

There's a lot of "I"s but of course it's a collaborative project. We
have a mailing list at [3], feel free to join, especially if you also
have a project for a better discussion forum system. Your input would be
very appreciated.