Proposal: decommision fedoracommunity/stats running on app07

Seth Vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Thu Dec 20 20:46:08 UTC 2012

Hi,
  We have one remaining RHEL5 host - app07. It is being kept alive in order
to keep running the fedoracommunity/stats page. After talking with Luke
about it I went looking through the http logs for fedoracommunity on
app07. In the last year the number of connections hitting a url
mentioning 'statistics' page is 1994. In the last 3 months the number is
15.

In the last 2 months the number is 0.

I think it is not helping up to keep this one oddball host around for
this. I'd like to suggest we decomm community/statistics and either
rebuild app07 as rhel6 or just terminate it.

Is there any thing about doing this that we need to be concerned with? any
additional worries as to what's on app07 or what is using the
community/statistics page that I'm not thinking of?

Thanks,
-sv