kill prelink

seth vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Mon Feb 6 19:06:46 UTC 2012

On Mon, 6 Feb 2012 20:00:02 +0100
Jan-Frode Myklebust <janfrode at tanso.net> wrote:

> > Is this a general issue that should be pushed up the stack?
> >

> 	http://magazine.redhat.com/2007/10/16/uli-drepper-part-5-preventing-exploits/
>
> ".. prelinking should really, not ever, be used for
>  frontline machines" -- Uli Drepper.

Well it is now undone.

This morning I went through and un-prelinked all of our systems,
 marked prelink to be removed in our ks.cfg %packages,
 disabled prelinking on the systems,
  and, once kevin pushes the new rkhunter out - I will purge prelink
 from our systems.

So - hopefully we are just that little bit more better off.

-sv