Fedora Account Change

Fabio M. Di Nitto fdinitto at redhat.com
Fri Jun 1 17:35:21 UTC 2012

On 5/30/2012 1:37 PM, Chris Dix wrote:
> Fabio,
>
> If you implement a password recovery feature, that would email the new
> password to the user. That does no good if they don't have access to
> their email account.
>
> We probably do want an alternate email that can be used for these
> situations.

I don´t think we understood each other :)

I am suggesting that every user in fas has 2 emails registered, one
primary one backup. Both active at the same time. If you lose access to
one email and password to fas, you still have one backup email address
that is recognized for password recovery.

<sarcasm>
If the user can manage to lose password, and access to 2 emails at the
same time, I am not entirely sure I´d want his packages to be installed
on my system.
</sarcasm>

The point being that there is already all the code there written to
handle one email address, and it would be enough to make it understand
backup address vs rewriting a whole new chunk of code for security
questions, store them, hash answers, crypt the db... etc.

Fabio