Fedora Account Change

Buddhike Kurera bckurera at fedoraproject.org
Fri Jun 1 19:32:10 UTC 2012

On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 4:15 AM, Larry Brower <larry at maxqe.com> wrote:
> Couldn't we expand on this feature to allow somethign like answering
> "account security questions" similar to how banks and other
> organizations do ?

I m not that sure that the security question is secure enough since we
are using a lengthy-strong password. (I doudt whether anyone can bare
mind the answer for the security question if he/she tend to loose
their password) One idea from me is using the web of trust as we are
almost using it. How about endorsing around 3-5 fedora contributors
about the request personally so that infra can make the change
internally.

For an example if I lost my access then I can ask my local
contributors to speak for me and show the trust and endorse my
request. So that the infra team can set it internally.

Investing much time on this is not required as we are not having such
cases all the time but very few.

Just an idea to consider.

--
Regards,