GSoC idea to setup Gitlab for Fedora Hosted, looking for mentors

Buddhike Kurera bckurera at fedoraproject.org
Fri Mar 9 01:34:50 UTC 2012

On Fri, Mar 9, 2012 at 1:33 AM, seth vidal <skvidal at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> On Thu, 8 Mar 2012 14:46:01 -0500
> Dan Allen <dan.j.allen at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> Since this is my first post, I'll start with a quick introduction.
>> I'm a core developer in the JBoss Community. I've been working for
>> Red Hat for 3+ years. Down to business.
>>
>> I proposed an idea on the Fedora GSoC 2012 page to research using
>> Gitlab as a front end to fedorahosted.org. Gitlab is like an open
>> source clone of Github, supporting code workflow features such as
>> pull requests, code review and repository status updates.
>>
>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Summer_coding_ideas_for_2012#Setup_Gitlab_as_a_front_end_for_Fedora_Hosted_git_repositories
>>
>> I'm looking for someone who would be interested in mentoring this
>> project, as well clarifying to goals if necessary.

Hello

Thanks for taking time to propose an idea.

Dan , as you are the one whose familiar with the idea, why dont you
step in as the mentor?
if you want support you can ask others to co-mentor the idea, that
make sure the student is
supported even though you follow busy schedules.

Thanks again.

--
Regards,
Buddhike Chandradeepa Kurera(bckurera)