GSoC idea to setup Gitlab for Fedora Hosted

Jeffrey S. Haemer jeffrey.haemer at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 12:31:51 UTC 2012

Stas,

Looks like fun.  Fedora Hosted supports a variety of SCM tools, not just
git.  Is there a way to fit Gitlab in with that?

Today's Topics:

>   1. GSoC idea to setup Gitlab for Fedora Hosted, looking for
>      mentors (Stas Sușcov)

> Message: 1
> Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 23:42:59 +0200
> From: Stas Sușcov <stas at nerd.ro>
> To: infrastructure at lists.fedoraproject.org
> Subject: GSoC idea to setup Gitlab for Fedora Hosted, looking for
>        mentors
>
> Hi,
> I'm not sure I'm allowed to write to this list for GSoC questions,
> but it looks like most of the people interested in this application can be
> found only here, so I took a chance.
>
> I'm a student from Romania, looking to hack some Ruby code during this
> summer
> and I found Fedora as one of the not so many organizations offering this
> opportunity.
>
> I read the whole thread, and I found suggestions and conditions you need
>  from a student, pleasant for myself.
>
> I know Ruby (among other programming languages) and I know sysadmining.
> Previously I had 2 successful GSoC editions with WordPress Foundation,
> and my first year project latest commit dates March 14th, this year.
>
> The only problem I can for-see, is that I had and still maintain deep
> involvement in Ubuntu community (I'm the infrastructure admin for
> ubuntu-ro).
> I don't know if this is an issue or not, but I really hope this wont
> affect in any way our relationship (here in Romania, we do Barcamps every
> year with fedora-ro, with beer, hiking and lots of pics, thx to @nicubunu
> http://camp.softwareliber.ro/2011/poze ). :)
>
> If all this stuff sounds interesting, I would be happy to present a draft
> on how we could solve FedoraHosted transition to Gitlab, and ensure its
> well maintained from now on.
>
> Lately I started to hang on #fedora-summer-coding|#jbosstesting at freenode,
> but I'm not sure whom I should query.
> I can't see Dan either online.
>
> I also have a Github account: https://github.com/stas
> and a resume: http://stas.github.com/resume.html
>
> Thanks in advance for reading this, and I'm looking forward for your reply.
>

> P.S.: I will also be ok if you would like to find a fedora guy for this
> project, if so, just let me know, I won't mind. Seriously!

> End of infrastructure Digest, Vol 70, Issue 18

Jeffrey Haemer <jeffrey.haemer at gmail.com>
720-837-8908 [cell], http://seejeffrun.blogspot.com [blog],
http://www.youtube.com/user/goyishekop [vlog]
*פרייהייט? דאס איז יאַנג דינען וואָרט.*