Mirror Issue

John Mellor jmellor at rogers.com
Tue Mar 27 00:56:40 UTC 2012

Once again, the Nexicom mirror site is lunched, causing the gui updater
to erroneously declare that there are no updates.  The command-line yum
update finds them after finally falling back to a sane mirror.  There is
definitely (a) a continuing problem with both nexicom mirrors, and (b) a
bug in how the gui updater is dealing with this.  Is there any way to
turn on some kind of debug logging in the gui updater to allow its
incorrect behaviour to be logged?

Cut/paste of the console session showing:
 (a) the broken mirror, and that causes
 (b) the gui updater failure problem:

        $ sudo yum update
        [sudo] password for xxxx:
        Loaded plugins: langpacks, presto, refresh-packagekit
        adobe-linux-x86_64                                       |  951
        B     00:00
        updates/metalink                                         | 9.8
        kB     00:00
        updates                                                  | 4.5
        kB     00:00
        http://fedora.mirror.nexicom.net/linux/updates/16/x86_64/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno -1] repomd.xml does not match metalink for updates
        Trying other mirror.
        updates                                                  | 4.5
        kB     00:00
        ftp://mirror.nexicom.net/pub/fedora/linux/updates/16/x86_64/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno -1] repomd.xml does not match metalink for updates
        Trying other mirror.
        updates                                                  | 4.5
        kB     00:00
        updates/primary_db                                       | 5.6
        MB     00:33
        updates/group_gz                                         | 431
        kB     00:02
        Setting up Update Process
        Resolving Dependencies
        . . .