Fedocal to prod?

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Tue Feb 12 20:00:59 UTC 2013

On Tue, 12 Feb 2013 19:42:56 +0100
Pierre-Yves Chibon <pingou at pingoured.fr> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am getting some pressure to move fedocal to production (which is
> pretty nice).
>
> So just to be sure the next steps should be:
> - roll out the 0.1.0 release
> - package it
>   - it now has a setup.py so I hope that it'll be pretty simple
> - request for hosting/hw ?
> - create the adequate puppet module
>   - which url? admin.fedoraproject.org/calendar ?

Sounds reasonable. In addition:

- What are the monitoring requirements?

- Should we use caching/proxies for it?

- If it gets a lot of load, can we add more instances and load balance
  them?

- Whats the db requirement?

> Do I miss anything?

I think admin.fedoraproject.org/calendar or perhaps
apps.fedoraproject.org/calendar would be fine.

> Also, what's the traditional time-line to move from stg to prod?

Mostly stg is so we can get puppet sorted out and find any issues with
proxying and caching and such. It can sometimes be pretty short if
there's no particular issues found.