python-fedora and pkgdb repository changes -- reclone i necessary

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 01:32:19 UTC 2013

Today we did some housecleaning on the python-fedora and packagedb github
repositories.  Depending on what you were doing, you may want/need to
reclone the repository.

or packagedb, we renamed the old devel branch to devel-old.  I don't
anticipate that anyone was currently using this.  People should be using
develop instead.  This rename should hopeully keep people rom being conused
as to where they should be making commits.

For python-fedora, we renamed the devel branch to develop.  This is because
git flow's deault branch scheme is to use develop as the branch where active
work is being performed.  Using devel instead of develop was just confusing
people and was a difference from the defaults when running git flow init.

I you have a python-fedora checkout, the easiest way to get setup to use the
new develop branch is to reclone the repository from github.  It is possible
to change the branches you have to push, pull, and use git low to the
develop branch instead of devel but it's a multistep process o renaming
branches locally, changing your remote, and manually editing the .git/conig
to set git low to use the right branches.  Much easier to just reclone in
this case.

-Toshio