Cron the fedora-owner-change?

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Thu May 16 16:48:37 UTC 2013

On Thu, 16 May 2013 09:04:54 +0200
Pierre-Yves Chibon <pingou at pingoured.fr> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Yesterday I announced an idea that I've had of using datagrepper to
> announce package ownership changes [1].
> The feedback seem positive, so I change the script [2] to send the
> email directly, so basically we can run it via a cron job easily.
>
> Do we want to have this script as a cron job in the infrastructure?
> All it needs to run is argparse and requests.
> The following question is how often should the cron run, this is
> opened for discussion.

We could.

I floated the idea a while back of having some kind of 'oddjobs' type
server to run things like this on, and/or some kind of app that lets
users run a datagrepper query from cron and mail the results.

For now, I guess we could just put this on bapp02? But that would take
a freeze break.

Or we could put it on datagrepper01?