Migrating to our own bugzilla instance.

Miroslav Suchý msuchy at redhat.com
Wed Sep 18 13:23:54 UTC 2013

On 09/17/2013 12:37 PM, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
> since my frustration level with RH bugzilla has grown to an all time high due to frequent collision with internal RH
> administrative policy's that nobody in the community knows exactly which are,

Can you please elaborate which Red Hat policy collide with Fedora needs? I did not have such experience, so I'm really
curious.

> frequent RH employement mistakes in bug
> handling between Fedora and RHEL

That is because those people work on RHEL and Fedora. And they will continue on that even if you split BZ into two
instances. It will be still those same humans and they will be making same mistakes. I doubt that having two instances
will help here.

> as well as several other issue we are faced with it in the QA community and the
> hindrance it serves to the growth to our community and

Can you be specific here, please?

> the fact we cant hack in it directly to make ours as well as
> other processes work smoothly which makes everybody's life easier.

But it give fedora infrastructure team more free time, which you can spend on some other projects (and we have plenty of
them).
If you want to hack BZ, you can hack it in upstream:
   http://www.bugzilla.org/
all changes done there will land in bugzilla.redhat.com sooner or later.
--
Miroslav Suchy, RHCE, RHCDS
Red Hat, Software Engineer, #brno, #devexp, #fedora-buildsys