Maintaining decorum on Ask Fedora: suspensions/bans

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Wed Sep 18 15:03:59 UTC 2013

On Wed, 18 Sep 2013 10:34:15 +1000
Ankur Sinha <sanjay.ankur at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The person here[1]:
>
> - is hot tempered
> - rants more than he provides information
> - has used abusive language
>
> On #fedora, such behaviour gets a quiet/temporary ban/permanent ban in
> that order. How is this to be applied to Ask Fedora?
>
> I had really hoped that users would have the common sense to maintain
> decorum on ask, but we will come across the isolated case from time to
> time. So, I'd like to document the decorum policies and suspension
> criteria etc. for the future.
>
> * At the moment, the only accounts I block are spammers.

Well, I would say the code of conduct should be the guide.

If they don't follow it and refuse to, banning them should be fine,
IMHO.

Obviously in that case they are upset because things aren't going well.
Another thing that can help in that case is to ask them to take a break
or come back and rephrase their question.