Infrastructure - [ SEARCH]-[LOCAL SEARCH ENGINE]

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Thu Sep 26 16:26:56 UTC 2013

On Wed, 25 Sep 2013 15:18:12 +0300
OO <frankie.onuonga at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi guys.
>
> I am looking to take up a project that i saw had been left idle for
> sometime.
> The project URL
> is:https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/Search
>
> It looks like it has not been worked on in sometime because of what is
> listed at:https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/ticket/1055
>
> I however would like to implement a different solution.
> It appears that the last time anyone was in this was sometime back
> and a lot of developments have been made within search in that time.
>
> I am sure I can make sometime for it as I am only currently involved
> actively in one other project within the whole eco-system.
>
> kindly do advice what the best way would be.

Hey Frankie.

I talked with Ricky Elrod (who last tried setting up dpsearch for us)
and he's going to try and spin up a transient cloud instance and get
you access to it to work on it.

I'd say you should pick either docs or the wiki and crawl just them and
see how things look after thats in the database. That way we can see if
it's going to be fast enough/work for us.