Meeting Agenda Item: Introduction - Bill Wood

Bill Wood bwood at simbox.io
Tue Apr 22 16:51:21 UTC 2014

Hello, everyone!

I'm Bill Wood. Fedora has been a huge part of my life since the Core 1
release (and I've been using RHL since version 5.2 up until Fedora
started up) and I want to devote my time while I'm not employed to
helping out the project.

My IRC handle is bwood09. You can already find me in the #fedora-admin
channel; I've been lurking for a while. I've got roughly ten years of
Linux administrative (user-end, not servers) experience, and five years
in actual Windows and Linux systems administrator work (this is where
the servers cam in). I've gotten to the point where I can usually design
and implement an entire system in a day. I'm able to work with just
about any program after a day or so of looking it over, and I can code
in C++, Java, Python, BASH, and more. I'm also proficient in web
technologies; I've recently learned HTML5 and CSS3. I do have my own
mini-datacenter in my home office, and I've got it working a lot like
AWS where I can provision/delete VMs in a very short amount of time. I
am also a perfectionist.

I'd like to learn more about what makes Fedora great. I've always had a
great amount of respect for this project, and I want to help make it
even better. I can help with a lot of the tickets I've seen on the
infrastructure list (I'd love to help fix #1180), and I look forward to
helping you guys for years to come.