Freeze Break request: RHEL 6.6

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Tue Oct 14 17:00:59 UTC 2014

Greetings.

In some kind of unfortunate timing, we went into freeze this morning
and also RHEL 6.6 was released. :) So, I would like to ask for a little
freeze break. ;)

I'd like to apply the update to all our RHEL6 machines and reboot those
that can be easily rebooted without an outage.

Reasoning:

* I would really very much like to update openssh on lockbox01 so we
  can use control-persist and pipelining. It should make ansible runs a
  great deal faster.

* I would like us to be up to date in the event a serious security
  vulnerability arrives. So, we just need to apply the update instead
  of applying all of rhel6.6 also.

* I would --exclude=python-zmq as we have had troubles with the rhel6
  version from epel.

* We have typically had very little problem with minor release versions
  of RHEL. Breakage for us has usually happened due to epel upgrades or
  unrelated items.

* It's the very start of our freeze, so we should be able to clean up
  any problems resulting before it disrupts the beta cycle any.

* I don't see any issues off hand that would affect us in the tech
  notes for rhel 6.6.

Thoughts? +1s?

As a backup plan, I can just update lockbox01 to get the new openssh.
However, I really think we should just update them all to stay current.