rhel6 -> rhel7 migrations status

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Thu Oct 16 22:57:13 UTC 2014

On Thu, 16 Oct 2014 18:04:45 -0400
Colin Walters <walters at verbum.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 10, 2014, at 01:51 PM, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
>
> > impossible:ยท
> >
> > These are ones where it's not really possible to move the current
> > thing to 7, and we are waiting for the next major version.
> >
> > bodhi* (bodhi1)
> > collab* (mailman2)
> > hosted-lists* (mailman2)
> > mirrorlists (mirrormanager)
> > releng* (bodhi1)
> > sundries* (mirrormanager)
>
> Have you looked at containerizing at all?  That would allow you to
> keep the apps in RHEL6 containers, as was just announced:
> http://rhelblog.redhat.com/2014/10/14/run-red-hat-enterprise-linux-6-applications-on-red-hat-enterprise-linux-7/
> While moving the hosts forward, thus taking advantage of a more modern
> kernel and userspace management tools.

No, but containers could well be very handy for a number of things for
us down the road. Just will take someone investigating and figuring out
how we can use them.

In the case of the above, we are actively replacing all those things
with newer things, so we can move them when those are done...

Mirrormanager3, mailman3, bodhi2, etc.