Gitolite3 on pkgs01.stg

Pierre-Yves Chibon pingou at pingoured.fr
Tue Sep 9 16:58:05 UTC 2014

On Fri, Sep 05, 2014 at 12:45:38PM +0200, Pierre-Yves Chibon wrote:
> That being said, I believe our options are:
> 1) Talk with upstream, in the past I believe he was quite reactive and willing
>    to help us. We are the largest public deployment of gitolite maybe he'll
>    still be willing to help us
>      to discuss:
>      - setting HOME in the authorized_keys
>      - writing logs
>      - accessing gitolite.conf-compiled.pm

Yesterday Mathieu had a great idea: all the packagers are the same group.

So we gave it a try. Give group ownership and write permission on the logs as
well as group ownership and read permission on gitolite.conf-compiled.pm
worked. And worked w/o requiring the 777 we tried before. So that's already a
step forward.

However, the HOME question remains. Mathieu is going to contact upstream to see
if we can manage to automate adding a HOME somehow.

Something new I found is that the user gen-acls that is the user running the
pkgdb_sync_git_branches.py returns when run:
Permission denied: '/etc/pki/fedmsg/shell-pkgs01.stg.phx2.fedoraproject.org.key

But I guess this has nothing to do with gitolite, just something to figure out
down the line.

Pierre