Great Infrastructure projects status roundup

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Wed Jan 7 16:01:52 UTC 2015

I started to put together some emails for various people asking about
the status of various projects we have in the pipeline, but then I
realised that it might be easier to just send this query to the list
and have people answer here (default to open!)

So, if you see something below that you know the status on, please
need help, please note that too and we can possibly get some more folks
involved in helping out. ;)

1. New fedora infrastructure private cloud.

msuchy was working on this.
We have 3 machines setup we were doing test installs on.
We also have a equalogics storage unit setup.
We ran into problems with the latest openstack version, so moved back
one to try and get things going.

msuchy: whats the current status? :)

2. Hyperkitty.

abompard was working on this.
We have mailman01/02 production instances all setup in ansible.
There was a bunch of work going on to change the database backend and
ORM and such and we wanted to wait for that work to settle out.
Then we were going to start migrating lists.

abompard: whats the current status?

3. Mirrormanager2

pingou was working on this.
We got really far at the FAD in december. Everything is pretty much
implemented I think, we just need to test a ton and roll out to
production. We have various staging instances setup already.

pingou: whats the current status?

4. Bodhi2

lmacken was working on this.
I setup a bodhi02.stg on rhel7/ansible, I guess we need to finish
installing bodhi2 there and hooking it up in stg? It would really be
nice to land this asap before the f22 cycle really starts.

lmacken: whats the current status?

5. Mediawiki update

patrick was working on this.
mediawiki is moving to a new LTS release version. We were going to
migrate our setup to that and try and migrate to postgresql as well.

patrick: whats the current status?

6. paste

I don't think anyone is currently working on this.
We are using an older version of sticky-notes.
We need to update to the newest version and migrate to postgresql.
The new version bundles stuff and will be a pain to package and get our
changes re-applied to.

Help wanted. ;)

7. ask

Various people were working on this.
The stopforumspam plugin in stg was causing it to not load at all.
Disabling that, stg now is running the newer version at least.
We need to upgrade the prod version to that new version and see if
there's any spam handling stuff we can do that actually works.

Help wanted.

8. trac

No one is yet working on this one, but I guess I probibly will.
We need to move hosted to rhel7, but need to sort out trac for that.
Likely we need to make a parallel installable 'trac012' and all our
plugins for that version. Then when a new LTS version comes out we can
package that as trac14 or whatever and move on up.

Packaging help wanted.

9. FMN

ralph was working on this.

We were planning on moving everything to FMN at some point. Where are
we in that. Do we want to set a deadline?

10. Anytia / release-monitoring.org

pingou was working on this

Are we close to switching this on and announcing it? Whats left?

11. pkgs upgrade

bochecha and pingou was working on this.

pkgs01.stg still needs more testing? Whats the current status?
Still need to fix the allow admins to login?