[Proposal] Jenkins Job Builder (JJB) for Fedora Jenkins Instance

Praveen Kumar kumarpraveen.nitdgp at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 06:54:40 UTC 2015

Hi,

Few days back I was having conversation with Pierre-Yves (Pingou)
about using jenkins-job-builder to create/configure/update jobs to
Jenkins.

Background:
Jenkins job builder[0] is used for openstack infra for managing a
large number of jobs on Jenkins. It uses yaml format to define a
job/job-template which can be used across project. It create a modular
structure of job definition so we can reuse a particular section
across jobs. Another great thing is we can have git repo for those
project configuration file and whenever a new project comes or need
update then Jenkins Git/Gerrit hook will trigger it (no more manual
configuration using jenkins-web).

I also create a JJB sample template [1] to demonstrate it's readiness
and manageability.

Let us know your point of view regarding this proposal.

[0] http://ci.openstack.org/jjb.html
[1] https://github.com/praveenkumar/jjb-sample

--
Praveen Kumar