Can not use mirrorlist with RHEL $releasever (bz#1175566)

Miroslav Suchý msuchy at redhat.com
Wed Jan 28 16:12:07 UTC 2015

On 01/08/2015 11:13 PM, Ian Wienand wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to try and find the/a person who could help out with [1].
>
> EPEL version updates are a fairly constant annoyance that causes
> issues with CI systems in upstream openstack when the version updates.
>
> As described in the bug, I'd really like to just setup a .repo file
> with
>
>   http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?repo=epel-$releasever&arch=$basearch
>
> to install "epel-release" and things should just work to always grab
> the latest release.  However [6|7]Server, as given in $releasever by
> RHEL/Centos, don't work as a path.
>
> Any suggestions on how we can get this fixed?

I have been facing this in Copr and mock where you was unable to set additional repos for project because:
  https://copr-be.cloud.fedoraproject.org/results/foo/bar/epel-$releasever-$basearch/
was expanded to {6,7}Server as you stated.

The only solution is to create your own maping and pass it to yum using --releasever
In mock I done it that e.g. /etc/mock/epel-6-x86_64.cfg has
  config_opts['releasever'] = '6'
and mock have this defined for every chroot config and pass this value to --releasever of yum/dnf.

This way you can actually pass to mockchain
--addrepo='https://copr-be.cloud.fedoraproject.org/results/foo/bar/epel-$releasever-$basearch/'
and it will work as expected.

I'm not sure if this will help you in your specific case thou.

--
Miroslav Suchy, RHCE, RHCDS