Request to become apprentice

Mikolaj Izdebski mizdebsk at redhat.com
Thu Jan 29 21:50:00 UTC 2015

I would like to become Fedora Infrastructure apprentice.

I am Mikolaj Izdebski - a Fedora developer, who primarily works in Java
SIG on maintaining different Java build systems and libraries. You can
find a bit more information about me on my user page [1] on the wiki.

My primary interest in infrastructure area is improving infrastructure
for Fedora developers, especially ones that work with large number of
related or similar packages. This includes topics such as build systems,
continuous integration and automated package testing.

Some of short-term things I would like to do:
* learn more about infra internals (how to use bastion to log into other
machines, how Ansible playbooks work in Fedora, how backups are done,
and much more)
* work on completing Koschei playbook (currently it sets up only basic
system, but a lot of other stuff has to be done manually)
* migrate Koschei from Fedora 20 to RHEL 7

Long term goals:
* make Koschei an official Fedora service (RFR is already filled)

What are next steps I need to follow to become apprentice?

--
Mikolaj Izdebski
Software Engineer, Red Hat

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Mizdebsk