waiting on review, thought 2

Karsten 'quaid' Wade kwade at redhat.com
Tue Aug 12 14:21:01 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-08-12 at 06:27 -0400, Bryan Kearney wrote:

> What is the normal process? I thought adding a bug, and making it a
> blocker was "good enough"? Obviously not, since I have had one sitting
> that way for a few weeks.

You have the normal process correct, and as is normal, the number of
reviewers is fewer than the need.  Reviewers watch the blocker/tracking
bug to know when new review requests are added.

That process works reasonably well over the months, but it may not get
something done in the shorter term. Sharing package reviews is one
common way to shorten the queue; people often put up requests to share
on fedora-devel-list.

Even though most of us on this list cannot sponsor each other, we can
get the initial package reviews done, making the steps to sponsored
shorter.

- Karsten
Fedora : http://quaid.fedorapeople.org
gpg key : AD0E0C41