Integrating into Fedora/SELinux

Scott Salley ssalley at likewise.com
Tue Feb 9 19:35:38 UTC 2010

I work for Likewise (www.likewise.com) and we create software for
integrating Linux/Unix machines into Active Directory.

We'd like our software (Likewise Open) to get into the next Fedora
release (which may or may not be possible), but are unsure of how to
work with SELinux and the targeted policy.

1.      How precisely defined does the targeted policy require us to
label the interactions of our many daemons? We have one daemon (lsassd)
that is commonly used by other processes for authentication and another
daemon (lwsmd) for managing daemons. But several of the daemons just
provide services to other daemons and I'm not sure if they can all be
grouped into the same domain.

2.      How do we verify that we have a 'good' policy?

3.      How do we get the SELinux policy updated with changes?

Thank you,

Scott