[fedora-java] How to get Ruby installed on Eclipse 3.4?

Dan Thurman dant at cdkkt.com
Fri Sep 5 01:15:37 UTC 2008

I'm a bit perplexed..

How do I install Ruby on Eclipse 3.4?  Seems that it wants
Equinox - but I don't seem to have this listed in my installed
list - Just straight Eclipse so far.

Here is the barf I get:

Cannot complete the request.  See the details.
Cannot find a solution where both Match[requiredCapability:
org.eclipse.equinox.p2.iu/org.epic.regexp/[0.5.1,0.5.1]] and
Match[requiredCapability:
org.eclipse.equinox.p2.iu/org.epic.regexp/[0.1.4,0.1.4]] can be satisfied.

I am using straight Eclipse 3.4 (Not the Fedora 9 version)

I do have EPIC installed also and thought it would work but the
difference seems to be that there must also be EPIC under Equinox
or so I assume?  The RubyPeople claims it is compatable with
Eclipse v3.4.

Sorry, I am somewhat a n00b in this case.

Thanks!
Dan