[fedora-java] Missing pom in netbeans-ide

Deepak Bhole dbhole at redhat.com
Tue Apr 27 18:55:08 UTC 2010

* Guido Grazioli <guido.grazioli at gmail.com> [2010-04-27 14:37]:
> 2010/4/27 Deepak Bhole <dbhole at redhat.com>:
> >> Agreed that the right place for the pom is with the package providing the jar;
> >> so my plan is:
> >> * install the pom in maven-scm temporarily
> >> * watch progress on netbeans-ide
> >> * ask to move the pom there when cvsclient is extracted as a subpackage
> >> and update maven-scm
> >>

> > Ah, in that case you might be better off putting it in
> > maven2-common-poms ...
>
> Take a look at maven-scm spec:
> http://cvs.fedoraproject.org/viewvc/rpms/maven-scm/devel/maven-scm.spec?view=markup
> It is already downloading the cvsclient pom for the build, ( "123: #
> Doing this here means we
> don't have to modify the netbeans package " ); so i think its better
> to have just one place
> to fix against two.

Right., I agree, it shouldn't be doing that.

> > .. Sorry, I forgot that maven-scm is a direct
> > dependency of maven2. I see no harm in putting the pom in common-poms.
> > That rpm already contains poms of indirect maven deps.
>
> Sorry i dont get the implications of being a direct dep; do you mean
> it will require a maven2 rebuild? Just bumping the release and adding a file
> should not require that.

I meant that because maven-scm is a dependency of maven, maven-scm's
dependency poms can be added to maven2-common-poms -- as that is what
maven2-common-poms was created for (to carry poms of maven's
dependencies, and their dependencies, and so on).

You are right in that it will not require rebuilding maven. Just
maven-scm and maven2-common-poms.

Cheers,
Deepak