[fedora-java] about updating itext

Mary Ellen Foster mefoster at gmail.com
Sat Feb 13 15:53:15 UTC 2010

On 13 February 2010 15:05, Orcan Ogetbil <oget.fedora at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2- We used to ship itext with xml support. This part of the code was
> not in the itext-2.1.7 tree but we had ported this over from a 1.x
> release [1]. I am not familiar with this part of the code and I was
> told that this add-on was needed by maven. Is this still valid?
>
> The issue is, itext-5.0.0+ dropped some other part of its code, which
> our xml patch was depending on. In particular, the rtf support of
> itext moved to a separate project [2]

Coincidentally, I'm actually playing around with building the newest
maven-doxia stuff at the moment, and it looks like it does still
require the XML classes. According to its pom.xml, it is still
assuming itext 1.4, so I guess that's where the requirement comes
from. I'm not sure whether it needs the rtf stuff too ...

So I think we do need to keep the XML stuff but I'm not sure about the
rtf stuff.

MEF

--
Mary Ellen Foster -- http://www.macs.hw.ac.uk/~mef3/
Interaction Lab -- http://www.macs.hw.ac.uk/InteractionLab

Heriot-Watt University is a Scottish charity registered under charity
number SC000278