[fedora-java] Self-introduction - Java QA and Development

ahughes at redhat.com ahughes at redhat.com
Tue May 4 12:58:25 UTC 2010

On 22:43 Tue 13 Apr     , Edmon Begoli wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My name is Edmon Begoli and I am a new active member of the Fedora Project.
>
> I am an experienced Java developer, so I am contacting you guys to
> introduce myself
> and to offer help in:
>

> - testing any Java related packages - it seems that JDK 7 may need a
> testing owner and I would like to be a point person for this one
>
> - helping developing or packaging anything related to Java
>

> Thank you in advance and please feel free to engage me in Java related
> tasks - testing, packaging or development.
>
> Edmon Begoli
> http://it.toolbox.com/blogs/lim
> http://ebegoli.fedorapeople.org
> --

The only packages ever produced for OpenJDK/IcedTea7 (at least as far as I
know) were a set for the JavaOne preview / Milestone 3 release:

http://langel.wordpress.com/2009/05/29/java-1-7-0-openjdk-rpms-available/

A new release of IcedTea7, 1.13, is planned soon and will be based on milestone 7.

http://openjdk.java.net/projects/jdk7/milestones/

If you want to take a look, you can check out IcedTea7 via Mercurial:

http://icedtea.classpath.org/hg/icedtea

A tarball can be created for the RPM using ./configure; make dist.
--
Andrew :)

Free Java Software Engineer
Red Hat, Inc. (http://www.redhat.com)

Support Free Java!
http://www.gnu.org/software/classpath
http://openjdk.java.net
PGP Key: 94EFD9D8 (http://subkeys.pgp.net)
Fingerprint = F8EF F1EA 401E 2E60 15FA  7927 142C 2591 94EF D9D8