[fedora-java] Fedora vs JPackage naming

Carlo de Wolf cdewolf at redhat.com
Fri Feb 17 09:55:00 UTC 2012

On 02/17/2012 10:42 AM, Aleksandar Kurtakov wrote:
>> Well, package xerces-j2 historically installed xerces-j2.jar, but it
>> should have been xercesImpl.jar all along because this is what
>> everything and everybody expects.
> Well, xml libs are so many and so different that we all would live in a better world once projects learn to use the xml apis in the JDK. So the right fix for this one in my eyes is fix your project to not depend on xerces instead of care how is it packaged.
>
> Alex

What "everybody expects" is a very large quantifier. I can just be a
prick and say: hey, I did not expect that. ;-)

Depending on xerces might be a valid choice. I don't want to know the
actual requirements or arguments. But we should just be providing choice.

In this case: use the existing xerces rpm or do it yourself in the way
you like. :-)

Carlo