[fedora-java] Package fixes/rebuilds for Java 7

Deepak Bhole dbhole at redhat.com
Tue Jan 10 23:01:46 UTC 2012

Hi,

I have spent the last few days (on and off) trying to gather a list of
packages that need to be updated for Java 7 in rawhide. I have
identified 31 packages that fail to build (almost all trivial/easy to
fix), and some more that hard code a Java 6 requirement.

I have created a wiki page listing all the packages, the issues, and
how to fix them:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Java7_Package_Rebuild_Status

It'd be great if everyone could please volunteer to fix some of them. If
you have ProvenPackager status and have time, please add your name to
the list of ProvenPackagers on that page so that those without access
can send you their fixes.

I will be applying for ProvenPackager status myself and will add my name
to that list if/when I get it.

Thanks,
Deepak