[fedora-java] How to build Maven package from source rpm?

Alex C abcoyle at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 13:57:24 UTC 2012

Greetings,

I've been trying to build Groovy from the Fedora 17 srpm on CentOS and
Amazon Linux. I've a fair degree of rpm knowledge and started to download
and build the relevant build dependencies.

Things started well and I could build the first few dependencies, however,
when I got to Maven I noticed that it has itself as a build dependency. I
would appreciate any guidance on how to proceed and build Maven from source
rpm.

Thanks

Alex