[fedora-java] Eclipse build nightmares

Orion Poplawski orion at cora.nwra.com
Fri Apr 12 21:46:11 UTC 2013

On 04/12/2013 03:28 PM, Gerard Ryan wrote:

> On 04/12/2013 10:19 PM, Orion Poplawski wrote:
>> Looks like patching out the os/ws/arch stuff for needed plugins,
>> and removing plugins for different platforms is the only way to go.
>> Let me know if I'm wrong here.
>>
>> The next issue I ran into with sysmon is that it appears to have
>> ended up installing all of its deps (including "system" jars) into
>> the repo. If anyone has any thoughts on this, I'm all ears.
>>
>> For now though I ended up completely removing sysmon from the
>> build because it also was bundling some pre-compiled binaries that
>> I need to figure out how to rebuild.
>>

> When you say it installs system jars into the repo, do you mean it
> copies jars from /usr/share/java into one of its plugins? If so, it
> should be okay to remove those and create symlinks for them instead.
> If that's not what you meant, can you explain a little further?

That's pretty much it, but that is so far down on my list of problems right
now it will be a while before I get back to it.

I'm still dealing with crap like:

[INFO] {osgi.ws=gtk, osgi.os=linux, osgi.arch=x86_64,
org.eclipse.update.install.features=true}
[ERROR] Cannot resolve project dependencies:
[ERROR]   Software being installed: org.eclipse.ptp.debug.sdm.feature.group
7.0.0.qualifier
[ERROR]   Missing requirement: org.eclipse.ptp.debug.sdm.feature.group
7.0.0.qualifier requires 'org.eclipse.ptp.linux.x86_64 0.0.0' but it could not
be found

I fixed this once before I think, but now I don't remember.  My brain is
completely shot with fighting this for the last two days.  Time for a break I
think.

--
Orion Poplawski
3380 Mitchell Lane                       orion at nwra.com