[fedora-java] Ivy integration

Will Benton willb at redhat.com
Wed Aug 7 00:26:25 UTC 2013

Is anyone looking at ways to integrate Ivy more fully into Fedora?  I ask because I'm working on packaging sbt[1], which uses Ivy for dependency management; my current approach involves patching sbt to ignore Ivy descriptor files (so it can build with RPM-managed dependencies), but this feels suboptimal and results in some other headaches.  So if you're working on Ivy in Fedora (or if you're interested in talking about sbt in Fedora), I'd like to hear from you!

thanks,
wb

[1] see http://chapeau.freevariable.com/2013/08/making-fedora-a-better-place-for-scala.html for a discussion of what this involves