[fedora-java] /usr/lib/jni support in Fedora

Jiri Vanek jvanek at redhat.com
Tue Jul 29 15:29:16 UTC 2014

On 07/29/2014 05:24 PM, Florian Weimer wrote:

>>> Is it a good idea to install files from RPMs through a symbolic link?
>>
>> We could use the alternatives mechanism for this.
>
> How so and why?

Because you caninstallmultiple jdks in time,and you are switching among them via alternatives.
The alternatives already covers jre/sdk dir, jcm exports dirs and all jre/jdk binaries llike java
(and its slaves) or javac (and its slaves)

So unless you wont to have /usr/lib{,64}/some-sepcific-jdk-version1-jni
/usr/lib{,64}/some-sepcific-jdk-version2-jni and so on, you have to control thos elinks in same way
as bianries.

Maybe solution may be to have those /usr/lib{,64}/some-sepcific-jdk-version1-jni ... and have
master switching link of /usr/lib{,64}/jni pointing to right (via alternatives selected)