[fedora-java] Bumping Maven compiler source/target to 1.6

Christopher ctubbsii-fedora at apache.org
Fri Feb 6 15:56:53 UTC 2015

On Fri, Feb 6, 2015 at 8:37 AM, Mikolaj Izdebski <mizdebsk at redhat.com>
wrote:

> I'm considering bumping minimal source/target values in Maven Compiler
> Plugin to 1.6 starting from Fedora 23. What is your opinion?
>
> [snip]

+1, with questions:

1. Does this mean that F23 will ship Java 9?
2. What is the upstream maven-compiler-plugin doing regarding their
defaults? If they are doing nothing, would it be better to simply fail to
build if source/target aren't specified, in order to avoid diverging in
expected behavior from upstream parsing of the POM?

--
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii