[fedora-java] Clueless Newbie Questions: moving an existing 200K line Java Chatbot from jdk-6u45 to jdk-8u45 WRT java-1.8.0-openjdk-headless

Philip Rhoades phil at pricom.com.au
Wed Jul 8 16:06:32 UTC 2015

People,

My key Java guy can't work on this project any more so I am looking for
a new developer but while I do that I thought I would try moving from
the old F17_64 server with jdk-6u45 to my newly installed F22_64 with
jdk-8u45 - to my surprise the app worked straight away with only
java-1.8.0-openjdk-headless installed!  Can some kind Java guru point me
to a link or summarise (in plain English) how this stuff works and the
relationship between Oracle's JDK and OpenJDK?

Thanks,

Phil.
--
Philip Rhoades