where's power devil

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Fri Dec 19 01:17:06 UTC 2008

On Friday 19 December 2008, Ahmed Kamal wrote:
> wasn't it supposed to be the default manager in 4.2 ? I still have
> kpowersave in the tray ?

Are you sure it's kpowersave and not guidance-power-manager?

In any case, you have to add the battery plasmoid by hand, and either disable
or just rpm -e guidance-power-manager. It will also be like that in updated
F10 installations, we aren't going to force a different power management
solution in an update. On the other hand, F11 will default to PowerDevil and
the battery plasmoid.

Rex, maybe it makes sense to kick guidance-power-manager (and kpowersave if
present, but I doubt it is) out of the KDE 4.2 images? (kdebase-workspace
will then automatically default to the battery plasmoid, Than's hack only
disables it if guidance-power-manager is present.)

        Kevin Kofler