Task Manager problem

Eelko Berkenpies fedora at berkenpies.nl
Fri Dec 19 10:55:11 UTC 2008

Hi there,

Not sure if it's a bug or not, but 4.1.85 doesn't seem to respect my Task
Manager settings. Some in-depth info;

I've set up my desktop to use 4 different desktops. Using the Special
Windows Settings, I'm directing different applications to different
desktops. For example Konsole is forced to be displayed on "shells" and
Firefox/Shiretoko is forced to be displayed on "dev". I reserved one of the
desktops for IM and other stuff and here's where the problem arises.

When someone sends me an instant message (which also goes to a specific
desktop) or when I launch an application it will display the window title
in the Task Manager of the current desktop, even if it's the desktop it
shouldn't be on. Then, when I click the windows title, it will send me to
the correct desktop and the window title will be removed from the wrong
desktop.

I am using the option "Only show tasks from the current desktop".

Any clues?

--
Eelko Berkenpies
http://www.berkenpies.nl/