ksnapshot installation

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Thu Aug 6 09:30:37 UTC 2009

Dushyant Dhalia wrote:
> I am using rhel-5 and kde as desktop environment. In the KDE dvd i
> didn't get kdegraphics rpm by default. Can anybody suggest me some link
> where i can get kdegraphics rpm. Actually i need it for ksnapshot. I
> searched on google but could not find the one for rhel-5.

kdegraphics is only included by default in the desktop editions of RHEL, not
the server editions. The server editions have it in the "Optional
Productivity Applications". See the list of affected editions in this
security errata:
https://rhn.redhat.com/errata/RHSA-2009-1130.html

If you want the original 3.5.4 package, you have to use one of the above
editions or addons. You can also fetch the package from CentOS, but of
course that may affect your support options.

If you want KDE 3.5.10 (the last upstream release of KDE 3), you'll find it
in the unofficial kde-redhat repository. I'd personally recommend that
option. But there too, be warned that using unofficial packages may affect
your support entitlement.

If you're worried about support, you'll have to ask RH for details. I don't
work for RH and I'm not familiar with RH's exact support terms.

        Kevin Kofler