When are we going to have the spins named appropriately?

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Fri Aug 14 10:09:31 UTC 2009

Jaroslav Reznik wrote:
> I'm not sure about spins - some of the spins are really specific,
> targeting on small audience - like Astronomy one, Electronic one... But
> editions should be treated same way. I don't have any objections against
> having Gnome as default one, we need default option and obviously only one
> can be default :D

Well, I think there should be no one default, users should have to choose
explicitly.

What's particularly funny is that one one hand people argue that more users
= more potential contributors, but on the other hand, they argue that users
are unable to choose between KDE and GNOME. How is somebody who can't make
such a simple choice ever going to become a contributor? Those people will
always just drain our limited resources with dumb questions.

        Kevin Kofler