website mockups, what is fedora?

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Wed Aug 26 20:53:19 UTC 2009

Arthur Pemberton wrote:
> I would argue that Fedora is doing more harm than good by specifically
> targeting that kind of user. There are several realities of Fedora
> that are simply not ideal for new users who had to be specifically
> marketted to. No distro can be everything to everyone, I do not think
> it is a weakness to recognize that some users are served better by
> other distros.

Yeah, that's the user viewpoint. From the developer viewpoint, it's also not
a great idea, as that kind of users is going to strain our resources with
its support needs and is very unlikely to ever contribute anything.

So I think both sides are being poorly served by such delusional marketing.

        Kevin Kofler