Unable to change date/time with KDE SC 4.4 Beta

Sonic get.sonic at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 01:00:51 UTC 2009

Hello

   I've a system that's updated with kde-redhat, kde-unstable and
kde-testing repos enabled.
I'm unable to change the system date & time (when logged in as a
non-root user).
The "Date & Time" item in system settings displays the date & time with
a warning that "You are not allowed to save the configuration". After
changing the date or time setting, the 'Apply' button becomes active and
clicking it seems to change the values. But when the configuration item
is closed, it again asks to apply changes and when I choose to do so, I
get an error message: " Unable to authenticate/execute the action: 4, "

It used to work in the older version where I'd be offered to enter the
root password to apply the changes. Anything to do with PolicyKit/polkit?

Syam