soprano-backend-sesame2

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 01:58:40 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-03-05 at 00:49 +0000, John5342 wrote:
> > > If you don't know what it is, then you probably aren't a good
> candidate
> > > for testing it.
> >
> > Sorry Rex, but that makes no sense at all. You mean only people who
> > already know about this beforehand can test it?
>

> The people who are effected by the deficiencies of the default backend
> will know that sesame2 exists and have indeed asked for it. Sesame2 is
> however not ready for prime time and therefore can't be recommended as
> a replacement for the default at this time. The people who have asked
> for it are the kind of people who would want to test it.

I don't question any of that, in fact it's clear to me that I won't be
testing the thing myself, but I think my original point is being missed,
to wit: would it not have been useful to include a brief summary of what
the package is about so those of use who are not interested can *know*
we're not interested?

poc