NetworkManagement plasma problem

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Mon Mar 16 22:38:10 UTC 2009

Neal Becker wrote:
> I've been using the networkmanager plasma with good results, but now I hit the
> first problem.  After being connected to the wired enet, I put the machine to
> sleep, then woke it up with the enet disconnected.  I could not find any way to
> get it to connect to the wireless by fiddling with the plasma.  I had to
> restart NetworkManager, and then it connected.

I commented similarly in #fedora this morning.

My symptom is even with nm-applet, it doesn't autoreconnect.  It's
"Enable Networking" option often unset after resume.  wtf?  If I check
that option, then things start working again.

Unfortunately, kde-plasma-networkmanagement seems not to have any such
option. (Arguably it shouldn't, the "Enable Networking" shouldn't be
going out of whack on suspend/resume like that, imo).

-- Rex