Laptop security

Allen Zhu allen.jaloola at gmail.com
Sat Mar 28 18:35:03 UTC 2009

On 3/28/09, Anne Wilson <cannewilson at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Considering how many of us use laptops, I wonder if Adeona might be a useful
> package to have in the stable?  It's a laptop recovery tool, for use after
> loss.
>
> It is GPL http://adeona.cs.washington.edu/index.html but it depends, at the
> moment, on OpenDHT and I haven't seen a license notice for that.
>
> Anne
> --
> Just found a cool new feature?  Add it to UserBase

It seems as if they are trying to develop a version without OpenDHT,
as per the "Important Message" at the top of the homepage for
"privacy-respecting purposes"...

Strange. It supports though both Windows, Mac, and Linux. Have you
personally tried it? Or has anyone else done that yet?

Allen

Registered Linux User 484485 (http://counter.li.org/)