Launchers Not Working

rgheck rgheck at comcast.net
Tue Nov 10 23:04:16 UTC 2009

For a little while now, I've been getting this error:

kdeinit4: preparing to launch /usr/bin/firefox

Gdk-ERROR **: The program 'firefox' received an X Window System error.
The error was 'BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)'.
   (Details: serial 9502 error_code 3 request_code 20 minor_code 0)
    backtrace from your debugger if you break on the gdk_x_error()
function.)
aborting...
/usr/lib64/firefox-3.5.4/run-mozilla.sh: line 131: 20670 Aborted

sometimes, when trying to launch Firefox via a launcher in the panel. I
do not get it when launching from a terminal. I also see the same
problem with Thunderbird.

Any ideas?

Richard