Firefox disasters

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 14:11:31 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-11-12 at 11:21 +0000, Anne Wilson wrote:

> > > I'm pretty sure I did and it makes no difference. Unfortunately I'm now
> > > upgrading to F12 and Chromium won't execute at all (missing library).
> > > Maybe when I finish downloading the 1.5GB of updates I'll try again.
> >
> > Just for completeness, I tried it on F12 (with and without
> > --disable-plugins) and it's exactly the same.
> >
> Once I had the v8 installed from the fedorapeople repo chromium installed and
> worked without problems.  This is on F11, with all the updates-testing and kde
> repos in use.

I've also been using that repo, but not updates-testing or the kde
repos. I suspect that wouldn't make a difference. I tried Chromium in an
F12 VM without these and it worked.

Then I tried it on my real machine using a test account, and it also
worked. I suspect .kde but I'll start another thread on that.

poc