QtMultimedia V. Phonon -- The full story?

Sebastian Vahl deadbabylon at googlemail.com
Sat Sep 19 20:25:05 UTC 2009

Am Freitag 18 September 2009 schrieb Ryan Rix:
> Jaroslav Reznik wrote:
> >> I've covered
> >> 1. Live image dependencies: breaking libcanberra-gtk dependency
> >
> > It can bring more eyes on general dependencies hell...
> >
> >> 2. KDE 4.3.1 pushed to Stable
> >
> > This is important one!
> >
> >> 3. Post 4.3.1 fixes
> >>
> >> Anything I have missed? I'll have my eyes open for the rest of the week,
> >> but those are the things that were covered in the KDE-SIG weekly
> >> meeting. (I'd attend in person but school doesn't allow me to do so, so
> >> I am looking at the meeting logs for this info, basically)
> >
> > Could you send us your article to let us review it?
> >
> > Jaroslav
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FWN/Beats/KDE I'm going to put more work
>  into it tonight and later this week, I think, and I removed the Phonon
>  section but there it is, so far. I'm going to need to go through the
>  Fedora Styleguide, too on it. But the info from KDE-SIG meeting is there.

A small clarification here for the libcanberra-gtk2 issue: The new dependency
on gdm was introduced on last weekend. So no available KDE live image does
have this deps already included (maybe only some nightly composes). And as
Kevin has fixed this already [1] a phrasing like "so the size of the live
images wouldn't have been increased by ~30 megs" or sth. like that would be
more precise.

BTW: Thanks for bringing KDE back to the FWN! :)

Sebastian

http://cvs.fedoraproject.org/viewvc/rpms/libcanberra/devel/libcanberra.spec?r1=1.34&r2=1.35